A Carnet bond is a globally accepted customs document that can be presented as a security/guarantee for carnets that compensates import duty for good that are imported for temporary period in the countries part of carnet system.
In the event a developer’s surety bond is required Ai Surety Bonding – Affinity Insurance offers Tarion bonds and Excess condominium insurance required in the province of Ontario.
- Carnet bonds helps to qualify for carnet that grant the duty free and expense free import of goods in other foreign countries for up to one year.
- Carnet bonds are required at border for entry and exit of every nation went by. A record of the goods bought in and out is maintained by customs department, no other additional documentation is required for a period of one year.
- Carnet bonds can be bought for various trips to be made before takeoff from Canada for various expeditions to a few nations at a pre-decided price.
- Carnet bonds are issued in English and are accepted in Canada.
- Payment in Canadian currency is accepted.
- Carnet bonds Work as a security/guarantee support document.
Which goods are allowed to get carnet bonds?
- Professional equipment like cameras, music systems etc. used for shooting a movie, ads.
- Commercial goods
- Exhibition, trade show, presentation goods.
How to apply for Carnet Bonds?
- Complete the application form
- Provide with required financials
- Documents supporting need for carnet bond
Types of Carnet Bonds
1. Carnet Bond MultiBond Wording:
2. Carnet Bond OneBond Wording:
Countries Accepting carnets:
Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Australia, Austria*, Bahrain (Kingdom of) Belarus, Belgium*, Bulgaria*, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Cyprus*, Czech Republic*, Denmark*, Estonia*, Finland*, France* Germany*, Gibraltar, Greece*, Hong Kong, Hungary*, Iceland, India, Iran, Ireland*, Israel, Italy*, Ivory Coast, Japan, Korea, Latvia*, Lebanon, Lithuania*, Luxembourg*, Macao, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Malta*, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands*, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Poland*, Portugal*, Romania*, Russia, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, Slovak Republic*, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom*.
Applying For Carnet Bonds? Have Questions?
Contact our surety experts at 1-877-213-4545 or firstname.lastname@example.org